Cannabis, hemp, CBD: you might’ve noticed these terms buzzing around the holistic health industry. But did you know that this mysterious super-food has a number of benefits for our pets?
Industrial hemp is produced without the psychoactive element known as THC. This means it provides a high level of CBD and other cannabinoids that regulate your pet’s endocannabinoid system. In other words, CBD provides all the anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-anxiety, and anti-radical properties of the plant. Let’s try to break this down into an easier explanation.
Much like your nervous system, digestive system, and skeletal system, your body also contains an endocannabinoid system. Think of it like a system of receptors throughout our body that play a part in keeping our mind and body in balance. If you’re out for a jog on a hot day, your body’s natural reaction is to sweat and cool itself down. These receptors and cannabinoids bind together like a lock and key to activate our cells and regulate the body. Phytocannabinoids from the hemp plant interact with your endocannabinoid system and “refuel” these natural cannabinoid receptors.
Here are just some of the incredible health benefits of adding a hemp supplement to your pet’s regime:
- With its anti-inflammatory properties, hemp extracts provide a pain relief for any aches and pains. This will also improve your pet’s mobility and flexibility.
- Maintain a healthy digestive tract by reduce digestive discomfort or improving appetite after serious illness or surgery.
- Reduces anxiety from stressors such as travel, separation anxiety, trips to the vet or groomer.
- Inhibits the growth of cancer cells in the body and alleviates any nausea or vomiting from chemotherapy treatment.
- Supports the nervous system by suppressing muscles spasms and reducing seizures.
Hemp oil extracts are readily available in tincture or treat form to suit any pet’s fancy!